Summertime and the livin' is easy!
summer has been great. during my week off at home i fought with my parents a total of 1 time...SHOCKING! i got a whole bunch of free stuff from barona, i bid my sister farewell towards Cambridge, and i got to reconnect with my cousins in los angeles! I think my favorite part about being at home besides the free food and being taken care of by my parents, was that I opened up to them about the past year or so of my life and how different of a person I am now than who I used to be. We talked for almost 2 hours on saturday night and everything i said came from my heart, they needed to be said and they were heard. Sometimes we forget how lucky and how good it feels to be back home with good old mom and dad but when we do realize it, it feels so good. Everytime i have one of these moments i appreciate the fact that i have a home to go back to and a mom and dad who love and support me. I couldn't be happier.
I watched slumdog millionaire again while at home with my parents and Juno with my mom. These two movies somehow make me feel really humble inside. I feel so blessed to have the life God has given me and I thank him for it everyday. I am so glad that I have my family to run back to when i'm scared, afraid, alone, sad, angry, content, etc. I don't know my destiny just yet but I know I am destined for greatness...just call me chaiwallah...with my family behind me I can do anything.
UCI TEACH math and science RA training started this week and I am so happy about the team. we have 3 returners, a past participant who happens to be one of our favorite participants, Janet Lee an amazing spop staffer, and Lupe the quiet girl who will be doing amazing things for this program. Summer has been great so far. What's even better knowing that I will be 21 in a few short weeks!!!
until next time...Jai Ho!
No comments:
Post a Comment