Thursday, June 11, 2009

wrapping up the year

I finished finals as of 3pm today and the feeling is bittersweet.
I am so glad to be rid of those stressors in my life that don't even test knowledge or understanding, just how much adderall one must pop in order to remember 10 weeks worth of information in only a few hours. Finals went well this time around....thats the first time I can say that in the 9 weeks i have done finals that I have ever said that. I'm glad they are over though and I am glad I did well...but the relief of finals being over also means the end of this Crazy, Unforgettable, Dramatic, Fun, Legit, Stressful, Emotional Year!

Although I am ready and excited to be an RA for my own hall and have 80 kids of my own but I am so sad to be leaving this year behind. I'm sad that the RAs whom I got to work with, laugh with, chill with, stay up til ridiculous hours of the night with are all leaving, most are graduating and moving onto bigger and better things. I'm losing 2 of my best friends next year. 2 of my rocks in housing and it really sucks having that thought that at the end of OUR summer OUR housing adventure will officially come to a close.

I can't even think of myself as a Senior next year, although I am staying a 5th year, next year marks the start of being OLD! This type of Seniority is nothing like Senior Year in High School. It's the sense of truly starting life, venturing off into the real world without a bubble, my bubble.

for a year, my 2 rocks have been my bubble, my protection, my brothers, best friends. They are both leaving me, I'm scared...actually TERRIFIED is more like it. I seriously don't know how I am going to make it through this RA experience without them; without their guidance, wisdom, love, support, and energy. It's so hard to think about. Going into this summer I want to be happy! I should be HAPPY! I'm turning 21, I'm living with my two best friends, I'm going to be an RA, I don't have any worries...I shouldn't have any worries and yet I still do! I dont want to go into this summer because I know it'll end and I know I'll be forced to be independent.

Losing fun moments and memories is always bittersweet. It'll be interesting to see where this road takes me. I'm for sure going to miss the hookah, the laughs, the talks, the bonding, and the brotherhood!

Happy Summer...Jai Ho!

No comments: