Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I want to get AWAY...I want to FLY AWAY

I wish I could FLY. I just wanna leave the constraints of my life as it is right now and just FLY. I feel that one of the reasons why I feel so empty inside is that I have become complacent and ungrateful. I feel that I have stopped living and just resorted to going through the motions. I sometimes I feel trapped in my world. The only world I know is the tiny bubble of UCI and Rancho Peñasquitos. I wanna get out of here; I need to get out of here. I need to refresh my perspective on life and experience other cultures and cities. Lots of people have told me to try going abroad because it truly is an experience of a lifetime. A really good friend of mine went abroad almost 2 years ago [I believe] and she came back eyes open and ready to face life in America once again. A bunch of people I know are abroad right now, teaching English and experiencing cultures and discovering the true size of an ant. My sister went abroad last summer for 5-weeks she said she hated it over there at the time but confesses almost every day that she would do it again in a heartbeat.

I hear these stories and cant help but feel envious of these adventures. I feel like I wasted my opportunity to study abroad last summer banking on one thing and this summer I will be working in housing. I wanna get away, I wanna fly away.





I wanna see the world, appreciate its gifts, experience its hardships, engulf myself in its mysteries. They say the world is your oyster...I wanna open it up and find the pearl that is inside. I wanna get away and rejuvenate myself for life.

Maybe one day I will get away.

1 comment:

SuJ said...

if you have the wings, spread them and fly. i think you'd do great anywhere you go and learn a lot from it.

just consider why you want to fly, is it the experience, or the escapism, or both? none of it is bad, but i think the perspective will help with the experience.