Over this past weekend I got to experience somewhat of what an employer or SPOP coord would experience in "rejecting" an applicant. I got a greater understanding of what it is like to tell someone that they aren't able to do something, regardless of how hard they worked, how hard they tried, how much they've grown. I got to experience what it was like to ruin a person's plans, and let me tell you, it sucks! I got to be the "Bad Guy" for once and it was hard. It is so hard to tell someone that they can't do something because of limitations of guidelines you have to follow. I can't imagine what it is like to reject hundreds of people, let a lone a good handful. My heart goes out to those interviewing or rejecting at this moment because it harder to let someone down rather than pick them up.
I couldn't bring myself to go to Cultural Psychology today because of the news I received today. I applied for student coordinator of Wellness in Mesa Court and today I received my rejection letter for the position. Another let down from the place that I dedicated 2 whole years of my life too. I wanted to be angry, I wanted to raise hell, but all I could do was cry. I had to gain composure for myself so I couldn't go to class because I knew I would lose it. Instead I tried to surround myself with the company of some friends. I have been fighting back to the tears ALL DAY long because I figure, what's the use in crying? It won't get me the job, it will make people feel uncomfortable around me, so instead I just had to do what I always do, suck it up, put on a happy face and look for the positive.
I have been doing this thing lately, especially after being rejected multiple times, I look at the experiences I have had in my college career and I be grateful for them. I have missed SPOP every single day of my life for the past 2 years and when I look back on it, I smile and remember all the amazing times I had. I reflect on my past two years in Mesa Court and smile at all the things I learned from Pro-Staff, student staff, and residents. I look back on these past two years and I am terrified. I a terrified to move on but I am grateful for the experience. This last letter I received from Mesa solidified the fact that I am truly DONE with Freshman Housing. It has been an amazing run and I learned a lot about myself, but the thing I have been holding onto for the past 3 months is finally going away and I need to be ready to let go.
I look at these rejections as a SIGN from GOD telling me that maybe I need to focus on my schooling for the next year. I made it a goal for myself to try and double major in Social Ecology and Criminology. Maybe this is the time for me to actually follow through. Next year I will have a lot of free time and so I will be able to focus on myself. All I have going for me are SigEp, VDC Norte, and school. I think I will be okay, of course, as always, I will need the time to heal and I will probably not want to be anywhere near Mesa any time soon but I feel like it comes with the territory.
thank you Mesa Court for 2 of the best years of my life. This chapter is closed. the road is long and may seem wary, but the path is clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment