Before you read any further, please forgive this ridiculousness that you are about to endure! I have an overactive imagination and I just let it run wild with this idea. A lot of things are vague [like the DRAMA] only because it involved more than just me. this is just like an overview of my year but in REALITY TV SHOW terms.

I applied that same concept of REALITY TV to my life these past two years working in mesa...my show is called...[THE VINE]....I know cheesy but its perfect for REALITY TV...When I started working in Mesa I was sort of a secondary character. My position in housing was definitely not one for prosperity or recognition. The first season started out with the 08-09 RAs as main characters, specifically EMAN curtis JESS van PAUL and the rest of their friends [i dont really know too much details] You could say I was promoted to a regular cast after about FALL quarter when I joined SigEp. I became more apparent and familiar Eman and Curtis' lives and we started to hang out more and more. Of course I had Erin and Natasha by my side as well and they were more regular secondary characters as well, in my life. what would any good show be without lots of drama and last year there was a crap ton of it; only, because there were 2 separate groups essentially we were all dealing with our own issues and only came together at night times to talk about them over hookah and tv.
The VINE was solidified for a second season when Erin, Natasha, and I got RA for 09-10. It opened up a new plot, new characters, and of course new drama. The end of season 1 was bittersweet but also exciting. I had to say goodbye to a lot of good friends but I was looking forward to starting a new chapter and piloting my own "show". In the finale we saw 08-09 RAs say their goodbyes and see ya laters and watched as Eman Curtis and I moved into a summer house with one of our fraternity brothers.
Season 2 starts off at the end of summer with me saying goodbye to Eman [my big bro] as he drives off towards Norcal and then saying see you soon to Curtis as he packs up and moves back home to Diamond Bar. I pack up my things into my Corolla and head down Culver back to Mesa. I get to the Housing Office, pick up my keys and open the door into my new home with a sigh of excitement. This season started out with a bang in that the new team started getting to know each other really well. Erin and Natasha made their appearances as main characters as well as NEW characters Ashlee and Shaun. This season brought back a few familiar faces from the 08-09 team our 3 returners Jmah, Frances, and Boggy, but Jmah was the only one of the 3 who was Main casted. There were also secondary characters who jumped between secondary and main throughout the whole season, whom I was able to get pretty close to; Danielle, Josh, Max, Gwendy, Graham and Ryon. And just like that, Fall quarter started. The first few bits of "drama" would probably be individual dramas within each of our own halls and during hall meetings. It was the first time I think all of us realized that this job was more than what we thought it was going to be and yet we still bonded. This year has had it's fair share of DRAMA and FALL Quarter was definitely the beginning. It set the precedent for this LEGIT season of [The VINE]. This year brought back a really important character from last season as well. Curtis went from main cast to main secondary supporting cast. He was definitely my anchor to the past and that person in the show who provided unbiased insight.
When I didn't get cast for Season 3 of [The VINE] my heart was pretty much torn out of my chest. It was definitely a dark part of the show and captured a different side of me that a lot of people don't see. Erin and Jmah wouldn't be returning to the show either because she was graduating. Natasha and Ashlee also were not asked to remain on the show. It was definitely a sad time in all of our lives. If you didnt catch it [we didn't get returner]. This left the show open-ended and allowed for a revamping of the cast. Ryon Graham Josh and Danielle were all resigned to the show with Ryon Josh and Graham becoming main cast and Danielle the option to float between secondary and main. I'm not too sure about what next season has in store and who is new cast and what not but it is definitely sad to see this season HAVE to end.
Season 2 went on a little bit of a hiatus for a few weeks after some lingering drama was squashed at the start of Spring Quarter. When it returned, the more cynical Kar and Natasha returned. Shaun became more of a secondary character and we were able to see Gwendy, Ryon, and Graham more often. Ryon and Graham were incorporated more into the series since they were becoming main cast. We also saw a lot more of Curtis as he was the one who kept me sane for the rest of the quarter. It wouldnt be a season finale without more drama. just as we thought this year would end on a good note another conflict arose between some staff members which is pretty much lasting until the end of the season. There have been some amazing times on this show overall. If it were real, you would see a major transformation of me from Fall Quarter up until this moment. It's June 10, 2010 and the season finale is scheduled for June 12, 2010. I have no idea what's in store in the next 2 days but all I know is Erin's last episode is tomorrow and the season ends with all of us main characters going our separate ways. Erin on a plane...Natasha to Middle Earth, Ashlee to Super Camp [Stanford], Jmah to Chapman then Boston, and finally Me to NORTE. Thinking about the end is depressing, I don't wanna say goodbye to my friends. I don't wanna have a montage of this year paying tribute to myself and my friends, I dont wanna move on from my comfortable little life, I just want to stay this way forever [or at least until I get sick of this safe routine].

This season on [THE VINE] was one for the record books. Next year will probably be the 3rd and final season of the show but I am really excited to see how it turns out. Maybe I will get to make some guest appearances on some episodes or be referenced throughout, who knows. I've had a great season and I am really honored to have been able to narrate this season. I kinda feel like LC right now haha or Kristin [but shes a mean beezy and I don't think I was mean] but anyways....thanks for giving into my madness and looking at this nonsense post! I apologize if you are weirded out. I just finished a HARD final and took a break before studying for my 8am FRIDAY LANGUAGE FINAL! wahhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment