Thursday, November 11, 2010

LEGEND of the FALL

This is a brand new year! I feel so refreshed, so anew, so positive!
Things have been going well thus far. I haven't really been in the mood to blog lately, which is so weird because sooo much has been going on. It's my 5th and last year at UCI and I feel like I should be recording every moment and every memory of it but I haven't.

Life is super busy with Norte [duty, CAs, and programs], SigEp [phi coord, songfest, partying, hanging out with bros and being there for my brothers], School [well...it's school], and Family.

I haven't really talked about my time in Norte. But to be honest, this community has been the best thing that has ever happened to me [besides, SPOP]. My 2 years of housing experience have given me to confidence and security to know that I would do this job well. This experience has really solidified the fact that I can do this job for the rest of my life, at the professional level and eventually at the corporate level. There's so much I see that I can improve upon and so much that I wanna do to make the CA experience even better. I really love my team!!! I realize now that no matter where I go and who I work with nothing is ever really going to be perfect BUT as long as I do my best and work hard, everything will come together. I love this job so much that I'm actually burning myself out, which isn't good, but I just love working hard, for a purpose, and with people who actually appreciate me!

My attitude towards SigEp is completely different this year! Not only my attitude, but everyone in the chapter has really changed for the better! We all like each other now instead of pretending to like each other. I really want to put work into this chapter and make it better. I finally feel comfortable and able to put myself out there and just be a brother. I dont have a care in the world because I know that everything I do for SigEp I am doing to put my best foot forward! I've gotten so much closer with so many people in the chapter. I finally feel like I belong and have a solid group of guys to not only call friends, but BROTHERS. I havent felt this way about SigEp for over a year. I was so ready to Deactivate after last year. I couldn't stand the chapter. I hated how it was run, who was in it, how it made me feel. I can't even tell you why things are different now, but they just are! I think I stopped trying to achieve status but just let things be and have fun.

Last night was my Last Fall Formal as an undergrad. It was definitely one of the best SigEp memories I have had. It was so nice to celebrate our Founders in such a relaxed and fun atmosphere.

This fall has been absolutely amazing! I'm sooo happy with where I am right now in terms of the friendships I have, the opportunities I have been given, the things I've been doing. It can only go up from here. I have little less than 2 1/2 quarters left at UCI and it's shaping up to be the best year ever.

It was hard for me to fathom God's plan for me 6 months ago when I was faced with all this rejection, but now I see that he created an opportunity for me to grow as a leader and BROTHER in SigEp, and he is offering me the opportunity to get my life together for graduation!

I am so grateful! Thanksgiving has come early this year!

No comments: