Sunday, July 27, 2008

Safe Place Open People

So it’s been a while since I have written but I think I am mentally ready enough to tell you everything that has been going on…so much has happened in the past week of my life that it is insane! The loss of my godfather, the memorial service of my godfather, my family from Australia leaving, Spop 4, La Crak Scam Fam Bam dinner, my sister coming to spop 5, and spop 5!

amazing!!!! We were the Flavor of Cumbre and flavor is exactly what we got!!! This hall was incredible…there kids of all different majors, different ethnicities, different views, they were just DIFFERENT and sooo much fun to hang out with!!! Of course it was a challenge getting them to talk during the hall discussion after Cross the Line but that’s okay, once the ball was rolling, I was happy with the response…my suite was awesome except for this one TFC and the his unfortunate influence on another spopper…myIt was a real challenge getting myself to be emotionally pumped for Spop 4[the news about Ninong Jack hit me hard...knowing now that when I call he wont pick up the phone hurts so bad…and I feel so badly for my Ninang Pat because she is alone…I have been praying for her]. I know I couldn’t show that I was sad or upset so I did what I always do, which is put on a smile and shine like nothing is wrong…I was pretty excited for Spop 4 first to get my mind off of my mourning and second because I needed to have a better experience than Spop 3…needless to say, Spop 4 exceeded any expectations I would have had of any Spop…my spoppers were attitude towards this TFC was different, instead of being sad that he didn’t wanna give anything a chance I was like, “GOOD! DON’T BE HERE and WASTE MY TIME!” I guess I cared less because of what I went through in Spop 3…I realize now that it was the wrong mentality to have…there were two spoppers who stood out to me…Allie and Jessica…gosh I wish they were in Prado with me but then they probably would have acted differently…these girls were sooo chill…Allie was the first person I met in Cumbre and her attitude towards UCI was exactly what I needed, she already loved the school so now she was at spop to really make friends and have a good time…Jessica was one of the ones who stepped up for our hall cheer…she was our “Bon Qui Qui” and she lived it up…her smile and enthusiasm just made me fall in splove even more…our spoppers were amazing and gifted which kept me going, but it was the staff that held me together…no one knew it but I was breaking inside…I was sad about my godfather but I didn’t want anyone to know…no one needed to know about it, I didn’t want to infringe upon someone else’s staffing experience…

but I was sooo thankful to have an amazing staff….

First my CP Lilly: she was sooo creative with our “costumes” which put me in such a good mood…we each got a crown [naturally me because I am like royalty] and then a clock with our faces on it [again another thing to show off me] lol jk jk…Lilly was sooo nice and supportive of everything, she really kept us together…she was the perfect CP she gave us the power to step up as staffers but also stepped forward when she needed to.

Layla: staffing with her is legit! Twice in a row was sooo lucky because I already knew how she was as a staffer and I trusted her and she made me feel more comfortable staffing because we went through the same experience.

Andrew Liang: he was one of the people I thought I would never staff with because we were always around each other. We hung around most of the same people, we went to all the same practices, spoptics, and eating sessions, but I didn’t realize that we never hung out hung out so it was awesome to get to staff with him.
Diana H: She is the sweetest person in the world…I loved her because she threw a party for the July 10th birthdays but I loved her more because she staffed with me!!!! she was just the right kind of flavor to add to our mix of love!!!!

Belyn Lai: Oh my god!!!! I am sooo glad to have staffed with her!!!! She is seriously an angel! She dedicates everything he has to her spoppers..its true I have seen her do it!!!! When I gave up on my TFC Belyn didn’t and that’s when I saw the true angel that she was…what I found to be nothing, she tried and looked for the GOLD, and I appreciated her for that…the TFC didn’t realize that an angel tried to save him but its okay because he is lucky that someone tried to save him!

Finally, my Spops Martos: never did I ever think I would get to staff with my Spdad because we are sooo close…..we hang out almost every day and I would have thought that the coords wouldn’t want to pair us together! Thankfully they allowed us ot staff with each other and it was GREAT! Martos always has something to say, we all know that, and I was sooo glad to have him on staff because he lightened up the moments that would have been silent…to watch him staff is such a privilege…he loves the program soo much and its amazing to see that he truly puts his heart and soul into each spop and into each spopper! He is truly an inspiration to me and I am so glad that he is my Spdad!!!!

SPOP stands for Student Parent Orientation Program but to me it is a Safe Place with Open People!!!

It helps me be more me and helps me grow more as a person and a staffer!!!!

No comments: